Saturday, May 2, 2015

Review 2: Large is the Smallest We've Got



Large is the Smallest We’ve Got: A Jigsaw Puzzle. Jed Hamilton. 2014. [April] aSys Publishing. 299. [Bostick Email - Review]

First sentence: “Then why did you stay there so long?”

Premise/Plot:  The story follows a group of friends told from the view point of an old man talking to his Godson.  You get little glimpses of the big picture with every chapter. 

My thoughts:  I found that I loved certain parts of the story and didn’t enjoy others.  I was not fond of one of the characters (Didier) so I found myself rushing through his sections.  But, the parts that Madison, Chloe, Scott, and the Dutchman were in were by far my favorites.  I did find myself tearing up during the 7th and 8th parts.  The author did an exceptional job of immersing me in the world of the characters.  Artfully done I did not figure out who was performing the monologue.  It was a very pleasant and surprising twist.

Rating 8/10

Recommendation:   I would recommend this book it is quite enjoyable and immersive.

No comments:

Post a Comment